QIDP (Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional)- Vermilion Parish
Arc of Acadiana provides support services to adults with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities. This is a regular full-time position.
- Developing client specific program plans based on the clients’ strengths and needs, to include goals and objectives for the care provided.
- Completing assessment summaries for each client and documenting progress on implemented objectives.
- Facilitating client participation in community and recreational activities.
- Assisting and providing training to Direct Support Professionals/Personal Care Attendants on implemented client objectives and specific needs.
- Supervision of Direct Support Professionals/Personal Care Attendants and assistance in providing supports to individuals with developmental disabilities in supported living and in-home living situation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Human Services is required
- One-year experience supporting people with developmental disabilities is preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule at times
- Ability to learn various tasks and work independently
- Must possess a valid Driver's License, dependable insured vehicle
- Must have a working cell phone with data package for electronic communication
- Creative in devising new, innovative approaches to supporting people with developmental disabilities
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Must be a compassionate and patient person with strong oral/written communication skills
- Basic computer skills- must be able to function through Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook