This person will be responsible for scheduling of Waiver Services staff and will report to the Scheduling Manager. The person hired for this position will be located at Arc of Acadiana Northwest location in Bossier City.
Scheduler will work with Coordinators to facilitate all staff scheduling issues. Shift is Monday – Friday 8am - 4pm and will be on 24-hr call every other week.
Summary of essential job functions
- Receive all staff scheduling calls and requests for leave.
- Process all requests for leave according to Arc of Acadiana policy.
- Contact all staff listed as trained back-up for each client prior to using a Floater to fill any shift.
- Notify Coordinators of all changes to their client's regular schedule via e-mail.
- Keep scheduling software up to date with current schedules.
- Communicate scheduling problems or concerns with the Manager.
- Speak with Coordinators before scheduling staff with their clients that are not listed as approved back-up.
- Maintain documentation on all incoming scheduling calls; who, what, why and the outcome of each call.
- Miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned by Manager.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum 1 year staff scheduling experience required.
- Experience in a clerical or administrative position is a plus.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have good organization skills and problem solving ability as it relates to scheduling issues.
- Good interpersonal skills required.