MAINTENANCE SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Part-time)
- new iberia day program
new iberia, Louisiana
Job Title: Maintenance Service Technician
Supervisor: Day Program Manager
- One year of experience or training in the building construction trades, general building maintenance, or in the repair or maintenance of mechanical equipment.
NOTE: Custodial building maintenance is not qualifying.
- Examples of building construction trades include cabinet maker, carpenter, concrete finisher, electrician, HVAC controls technician, HVAC mechanic, ironworker, millwright, painter, pipefitter, plasterer, plumber, refrigeration mechanic, roofer, sheet metal roofer, steamfitter, tile setter and welder.
- Makes minor repairs to the interior/exterior of buildings and facilities and maintains furniture and equipment; employing basic skills in the plumbing, carpentry and electrical, mechanical and related fields.
- Maintains and makes minor repairs to a variety of motorized equipment including
tune-ups, replacement and adjustment of worn or damaged parts, (carburetors, generators, alternators, starters, pumps, brake linings/pads, etc.) to determine the extent of damage and repairs necessary. Must maintain van lifts and repair as needed.
- Cleans and replaces filters on simple central heating and air conditioning systems.
- Assists the moving crew when needed.
- Starts, operates and checks for safety and maintenance of a wide variety of hand-
held equipment, small engines, lawn mowers, pumps, motorized vehicles, etc.
- Builds simple carpentry projects to be used at the program.
- Performs other duties or assignments as directed by the manager. Must travel to other Arc facilities as needed to identify issues and repair equipment, maintain buildings and
vans as well as execute special projects.