Our retail stores are now open and serving our Acadiana public once again.
We are excited, but still not overlooking the safety of our employees and customers during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Keep reading to learn more about all the safety precautions we are taking to ensure our workers, members, and the community stay safe and healthy while shopping our stores.
In light of the Louisiana Stay-at-Home order officially being lifted on Friday May 15th, our resale stores have reopened with the following safety protocols in place to protect our store managers, staff and customers.
Arc of Acadiana Resale Store Safety Precautions
- Face covering are required by all employees and customers.
- Gloves shall be worn by employees at all times while working.
- In order to maintain the mandated reduced capacity of maximum 25% occupancy, while also allowing for proper social distancing of all customers and employees, each store will only allow a predetermined number of customers to shop at a given time.
- The front doors will be manned by a staff member to ensure that the predetermined number of allowed customers is not exceeded. Due to the limited number of customers allowed in the store, customers are permitted only 1 person (including children) to accompany them shopping. Parties of larger than 2 people will not be permitted to enter together.
- All customers entering the store will be required to have a face covering or mask which they must wear at all times while in the store.
- Floor decals at the registers shall be placed six feet apart to allow proper social distancing while waiting in line for checkout.
- Public restrooms are not available at this time.
- Donations will be accepted. Carts/Bins will be available for patrons to donate in the respective drop off locations at each store.
- When donations are received, staff who retrieve them will wear a mask and gloves to bring the donations in the building. The donations will be placed in an area and marked with the date they were received.
- An hourly sanitation schedule of frequently touched items/surfaces is in effect.
- Arc employees will monitor their temperature daily before reporting to work.