Group Home Manager
new Iberia, louisiana
Supervises: Direct Support Personnel
Supervisor: Residential Program Directors
Management Experience in a residential setting with one year of professional level experience in a program providing healthcare services, and/or developmental disability services, rehabilitative services, or special education.
- To supervise DSP and schedule support work involving direct care of individuals implementing and directing active treatment plans by providing care, guidance and training for multiple staff and homes on a 24-hour basis.
- Job Documentation and performance of DSP's and communication of support and needs of residents.
- Adheres to rules, regulations, policies and procedures of LDH, OCDD, Arc of Acadiana and pertinent boards and licensing bodies.
- Oversee the 24-hour operation of assigned homes and the delivery of support services provided by the assigned staff and implementation of each individual's program plan. Supervise direct care staff and provides general supervision to homes and processes DSP's time sheets for accuracy on daily/weekly basis.
- Make work/home assignments and schedules, reviews work, evaluates performance, recommends and identifies training needs and ensures it is obtained. Ensure all assigned staff receive the required training and provides training as needed.
- Works with QIDP's and RN supervisor regarding client activities.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings if needed or assigned.
- Monitors and supervises client care, activities. and any and all supports related to client support and client home environment.
- Ensures evening, Weekend, Night Shift drop-in visits daily and weekly occurs. Mealtime observations. Walk through of physical homes to determine needed Maintenance.
- Ensures that adaptive equipment is in working order and clean (including beds, bed rails, wheelchairs, leg rests, feeding pumps, etc.)
- All other duties required of DSP and/or as requested by director and residential program manager.