QIDP (Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional)-
Waiver Services - New Iberia
Arc of Acadiana provides support services to adults with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities. The QIDP is responsible for developing client specific program plans to include goals and objectives for the care provided, based on the individual’s strengths and needs. Additional responsibilities include:
- Complete assessment summaries for each client and document progress on implemented objectives.
- Facilitate client participation in community and recreational activities.
- Assist and provide training to Direct Support Professionals/Personal Care Attendants on implemented client objectives and specific needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to human services is required
- One year experience supporting people with developmental disabilities is preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player and independently
- Good organization skills and the ability to multi-task
- Basic computer skills