Licensed Practical Nurse
Arc of Acadiana is seeking an LPN who would be an assistant to the RN.
The LPN would be responsible for clerical duties such as reviewing client medical notes, sorting, scanning and organizing client files, making and confirming medical appointments, teaching medication training class to new employees, and occasional contact with our clients.
7:00pm - 7:00am
Must be a graduate of a practical nursing program from an accredited college.
Practical nursing license must be in good standing and current.
Ability to pass a criminal background check.
The individual should possess:
- At least one year of medical surgical experience
- At least one year of experience or greater in a medical office setting with clerical job duties
- Office skills: must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PDF, and Excel programs
- Able to multitask nursing duties which can range from handling numerous phone calls in a busy office setting and communicating with multiple medical facilities on client medical care
- Proficient at administering all types of injections and understanding of hospital and medical preoperative procedures
- Diverse knowledge of medications to include, proper administration, dosage, and able to educate staff on side effects and or adverse reactions
- Good communication skills as this role requires communicating with multiple individuals on each perspective client’s team
- Must be an organized person with thorough processes on following up on referrals and orders
- Should be diverse and flexible to adjust to new tasks as we are a growing company with the ever changing role of providing care to clients with mental disabilities and medical technology advancement.