Floater Direct Support Professional -
new iberia day program
New Iberia - louisiana
Direct support professionals provide daily recreation activities and reinforcement of active treatment objectives with Arc of Acadiana clients. The Floater is required to work with different groups of clients as needed, as well as assisting with van routes as needed.
Arc of Acadiana provides support services to adults with developmental disabilities. Each client has an individualized service plan that each DSP will follow. The service plans are designed to ensure quality care is provided and also promotes maximum independence for our clients based on each persons’ individual capabilities and supports needed.
- Assisting clients with daily needs such as eating, walking & recreating
- Teaching and monitoring employment job responsibilities for clients on mobile crews
- Running the register at the resale stores
- Adult diaper changing as necessary
- Teaching clients functional daily living, working, and social skills
- Completing data sheets to show daily progress of client and support provided.
- Accompanying clients to community events
- Assisting clients with administering medication
- Ability to train and communicate effectively.
- Ability to bend, stoop, carry, and lift light to moderate items.
- Commitment to excellent client care
- Compassion, positive attitude, and a team player.
- Being a positive role model for all clients.
- Ensuring that a safe, healthy and clean environment is provided for the clients